As the National Radio Society for Ireland, IRTS represents the interests of Amateur Radio, both nationally and internationally. Membership includes licensed radio amateurs as well as shortwave listeners – many of our listener members are working to become licensed in due course.
In addition to representing the interests of members, IRTS services include …
- Regular Journal Echo Ireland
- Weekly radio news bulletin
- QSL bureau
- Contests, giving members an opportunity to test their operating skills
You can help to promote Amateur Radio and participate fully in the society's activities by becoming a member. Any person who is interested in the objects of the Society may be admitted to membership. The annual membership subscription for licensed members is €30 while for shortwave listeners it is €25. We also have rates for family membership, members resident outside Ireland, students and the unwaged – full details are on the application form.
Useful downloads …
- Sample copy of the journal "Echo Ireland"
- Personal membership application form
- Club Affiliation Form
- Direct Debit Mandate
Please note the Application forms have form fields which can be filled electronically.
Download the form and fill out using acrobat reader or other pdf application and save the file.
Send completed application forms to the society’s Treasurer
Payment Options …
- Use our online payments system
- With a bank account in the Republic of Ireland, you can pay your membership subscription by Direct Debit.
- Cheque or an Irish postal order payable to Irish Radio Transmitters Society
- By way of electronic transfer: contact the Treasurer for account details